Saturday, September 29, 2007

How To Record Windows Media Streams

I was called yesterday and asked how to record a music stream in Windows Media Player. I wasn't sure so I went searching on Google. I had used a commercial program in the past, but that wasn't really an option here. I found out that there is a free program called GetASFStream. It is a Japanese program that can handle http, mms, rtsp Windows Media Protocols. I tried to download the program from the Japanese site, since you have to register to get it, but the site just showed up in Japanese and I couldn't read it. I found a link to another site that had the most recent download of the program here. After I downloaded it, I followed the tutorial located here and it was up and running quickly. It worked well and helped out my friend. Good program, and by the way, it is translated into English.

No comments: